[Nut-upsuser] still no nut at reboot

Niels Kristian Jensen nkj at internetgruppen.dk
Wed Nov 17 18:02:21 UTC 2010

On 17-11-2010 14:07, Charles Lepple wrote:

>> past. However, that load would have to include a brother B&W laser
>> printer, and they are hungry, with dim the lights startup draws. Humm. I
>> think I just shot that idea down in flames.
>
> I tend to keep printers on the surge-suppressed-only outlets.

A very good idea - if the printers are of the laser-type. The laser
printers have a drum which needs to heat up before it can fix the toner
to the paper. This draws a very high power for several seconds.

You can safely use ink-jet printers on the protected side of an UPS,
they are nowhere near in power consumption.

Best regards,
Niels Kristian Jensen
Denmark

--
Kan du ikke svare vha. Outlook Express? Se
http://www.lind-damkjaer.dk/da/node/68