[Nut-upsuser] Support of " shutdown.return" on a APC Back-UPS CS 500

Kevin bakdong at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:58:41 UTC 2011

Arjen de Korte <nut+users <at> de-korte.org> writes:

> Citeren Ritchie <rotarn <at> gmx.de>:
>
> > I am trying to get a APC Back-UPS CS 500 running on my QNAP 419P Nas.
>
> [...]
>
> > I am missing the command "shutdown.return' ?
> > Does the ups not support this command ?
>
> It might support it, but not in the USB HID PDC paths that we
> recognize. If this is supported by this UPS, it is probably in a
> vendor specific path. Unless someone is able to provide the mapping,
> we have no idea which one.
>
> Search the archives for more information about this issue. It has
> popped up several times over past few years. Sadly nobody has reported
> the solution to this and since none of the active NUT developers owns
> such a device, this likely is going to stay that way.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Arjen,

I have been using usb APC units (CS 500 and SmartUPS 1000) with nut for some 6
years. I got this to work after extensive trawling of the net and found a fix
involving changing the source and recompiling usbhid-ups (or hidups as it used
to be).

Now the bad news. Although I am still using the recompiled version of hidups and
(64 bit) usbhid-ups, I have stupidly lost the source and my notes. :-(  Is it
any use to you to have the executables?

This has been driving me nuts for the last week, as I now have another CS 500 to
install, and only a 5 year old version of hidups to do it with!

Regards,
Kevin.