[Nut-upsuser] Support of " shutdown.return" on a APC Back-UPS CS 500

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 16 20:29:03 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

> I have been using usb APC units (CS 500 and SmartUPS 1000) with nut
> for some 6
> years. I got this to work after extensive trawling of the net and found a fix
> involving changing the source and recompiling usbhid-ups (or hidups
> as it used
> to be).

It's sad that you never submitted these changes back to NUT, so that
other people might benefit from them.

> Now the bad news. Although I am still using the recompiled version
> of hidups and
> (64 bit) usbhid-ups, I have stupidly lost the source and my notes. :-(  Is it
> any use to you to have the executables?

No.

> This has been driving me nuts for the last week, as I now have
> another CS 500 to
> install, and only a 5 year old version of hidups to do it with!

Have you tried the latest version (nut-2.6.0) that was released only a
couple of days ago? Chances are that it might just work, since we have
seen reports about people running the CS 500 in recent years.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)