[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Jan 22 08:35:31 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

> I'm posting the debug file again in case it gives any more clues.  I
> modified the version number to make sure I was actually using the
> patched driver. I don't know, but these lines may be significant:
>
> # grep "Value: 90" APC-1000.patched.txt
>   1.397898     Path: UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay, Type: Input,
> ReportID: 0x26, Offset: 0, Size: 16, Value: 90
>   1.397898     Path: UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay, Type:
> Feature, ReportID: 0x26, Offset: 0, Size: 16, Value: 90
>
> Does this mean the value has not changed?

Sorry for the confusion. Yes the value hasn't changed, but I didn't
expect that to happen. It should however be modifiable through
'upsrw', so that you might be able to set it to a lower value.

In the usbhid-ups driver, the 'ups.delay.(start|shutdown|reboot)'
values are driver variables. They are only send to the UPS when you
initiate the corresponding command. However, on the APC it seems to be
possible (mandatory) to store them in the UPS itself.

So try if you can change this value through upsrw to something like 20
seconds and lower the 'offdelay' value to 30 seconds.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)