[Nut-upsuser] Feedback for Powercom IMD1000 AP with 2.6.0

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 31 11:22:51 UTC 2011

Citeren Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli op giritli.eu>:

> I managed to install 2.6.0 on a Gentoo system and almost everything is
> functioning properly with the usbhid-ups driver. I had to add "productid
> = 0004" into my ups.conf. For monitoring and administration, I use the
> cgi interface.

We've never seen this productid in for PowerCOM so far. Could you post
the output of

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -DDD -a upsname > PowerCOM.log 2>&1

here (preferablly gzip'ed to reduce the size) so that we can get an
idea of the variables the UPS might support?

> I have problems with the instant commands tough: The commands seem to
> have no effect most of the times (except see next paragraph), despite
> the response is always "OK" after issuing the commands.

See above. The existing powercom HID subdriver was written for a
series of devices that don't have native HID PDC support in them
(essentially these were serial devices with a USB HID PDC layer tacked
on). I'm not too surprised that you're seeing odd behavior, since this
the UPS firmware contains some gross hacks (which we reported back to
PowerCOM to result in compatibility issues with native HID devices
later on).

> One effect the commands have is to confuse the ups in such a way that it
> beeps twice every second or so and it is not possible to stop this
> behaviour until turning the whole thing off and then back on.

Please provide us with the output of above command.

> Other than the commands, everything seems fine.

I fear there may be some pitfalls along the way.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)