[Nut-upsuser] Ubuntu 10.04 Ultra 700VA UPS Setup Nut

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:04:17 UTC 2011

Hi Eric,

first, please keep the traffic on the list. Other people may be interested
in reading...

2011/7/16 Eric OwN-3m-All <own3mall at gmail.com>

> *I tried that, but it's not working.*
> *
> Here's what I get:*
>
> *
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> This PowerCOM device (0d9f:0004) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
> by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
> this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
> '-x productid=0004' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
> mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
>
> No matching HID UPS found
>
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
> eric at eric-desktop:~$ sudo upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> This PowerCOM device (0d9f:0004) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
> by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
> this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
> '-x productid=0004' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
> mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
>
> No matching HID UPS found
>
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
> *
> *
> I first tried it like this:*
>

> [Ultra]
>     driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = auto
>
> *Then I tried:*
>

> [Ultra]
>     driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = auto
>     -x productid=0004
>
> Any other ideas?  I think I was close with the Blazer drivers, but I don't
> have any USB ttyUSB0 files.

first, test usbhid-ups with the following config (no "-x", since it's for
the command line version):
[Ultra]
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    vendorid=0d9f
    productid=0004

and use:
$ /path/to/usbhid-ups -D -a Ultra

then send us back the output.
If it really doesn't work, you may want to try out blazer_usb, with:
[Ultra]
    driver = blazer_usb
    port = auto
    vendorid=0d9f