[Nut-upsuser] Problems with upscmd ACCESS-DENIED

Garðar Arnarsson gardar at giraffi.net
Fri Mar 11 11:48:40 UTC 2011

Thanks for clearing that out, I was going to do a battery test because I was
afraid that my batteries might be dying but as it turns out one of the
batteries had a loose plug, fixed that and the ups is running strong :)

>Only if the UPS finds that the battery needs to be replaced it will report
the 'RB' status (replace battery). If it doesn't, all is well. The Q1
>protocol that is used by your UPS doesn't support more verbose messages
(and neither does it report runtime or charge capacity) so there is >nothing
more to report.

When using the software supplied from the manufacturer I do see runtime and
charge capacity messages.

Best regards
-Gardar

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org>wrote:

> Citeren Garðar Arnarsson <gardar at giraffi.net>:
>
>  Thanks a bunch, that worked like a charm :)
>>

> Glad to hear that.
>

>  But now I've got another question... After I run commands (tests) with
>> upscmd, where do I see the results?
>>

> You don't.
>

>  Ran a battery test check and it did not give any output.
>>

> Only if the UPS finds that the battery needs to be replaced it will report
> the 'RB' status (replace battery). If it doesn't, all is well. The Q1
> protocol that is used by your UPS doesn't support more verbose messages (and
> neither does it report runtime or charge capacity) so there is nothing more
> to report.
>

> Best regards, Arjen
> --
> Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)

Garðar Arnarsson
kerfisstjóri Giraffi sf.
gardar at giraffi.net
http://gardar.giraffi.net