[Nut-upsuser] Looking for a low cost USB UPS that supports shutdown.return

Mark Butsch Mark.Butsch at myfuelmaster.com
Thu Sep 29 18:22:55 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am new to NUT (running Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and NUT 2.4.3 (from the Ubuntu package).

I have been trying to use an APC Back-UPS ES 750, but when running the Shutdown Design test it doesn't cause my computer to power back on. It appears that it makes it all the way to powering off the computer during shutdown instead of having the UPS turn off power to the computer and then restoring it later after main power is back.

>From my research, it appears the I need a UPS that supports the shutdown.return functionality (in addition to configuring my computer to return to its last known state after power restored).

Can anyone tell me how to get this functionality with the Back-UPS ES 750 or recommend a UPS that does provide it?

Thanks,

Mark