[Nut-upsuser] libusb_get_report: Unknown error

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:40:37 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,

a first note: this mailing is moderated.
So please subscribe before sending in any further mail:

2012/4/9 Robert Ayrapetyan <robert.ayrapetyan at gmail.com>

> OS name and version:
> FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE amd64
>
> exact NUT version:
> 2.6.1
>
> NUT installation method:
> From ports collection (cd /usr/ports/sysutils/nut; make install)
>
> Exact device name and related information:
> American Power Conversion/Back-UPS ES 525 FW:851.t2.I USB FW:t2
>
> Complete problem description:
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.1
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.1)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> No matching HID UPS found
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut: WARNING: failed precmd routine for nut
>
> /usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a APC -u root -DDD
> (output attached).
>
> Tested with GENERIC and custom kernels with removed "device uhid".

interestingly enough, I still have a similar launchpad (Ubuntu) bug to
process:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut/+bug/915985

in fact, this is the same (so you just miss battery.charge), but FBSD
doesn't seems to report EOVERFLOW as Linux does.
If you're able to test NUT trunk (development version), I'll do my best to
produce a patch this week.

cheers,
Arnaud
--