[Nut-upsuser] NOBREAK

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 13:02:24 UTC 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, at 1:18 PM, MARCIO H. DAVID wrote:

> Currently I have an uninterruptible power supply manufacturer's model which is a sine NHS, it works with the protocol SEC.
>
> The SEC is a protocol of compatible systems listed in the NUT ..
>
> I would like to Know how to monitor this nobreak Software NUT ..
>
> They could send me a tutorial with the exact setup .. (I use Ubuntu Linux 32-bit)

It's important that you understand how things work, so I won't give you a complete tutorial. You will still want to read some of the documentation.

This table indicates that the SEC protocol is handled by the gamatronic driver:

  http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

  http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/gamatronic.html

So you would put "driver = gamatronic" in this file:

  http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

You also need to find out which device node (e.g. /dev/ttyS0) corresponds to the serial port with the UPS.

> No longer required ..

Not sure what you mean here?

--
Charles Lepple