[Nut-upsuser] NOBREAK

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:38:20 UTC 2012

2012/4/14 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Apr 11, 2012, at 1:18 PM, MARCIO H. DAVID wrote:
>
> > Currently I have an uninterruptible power supply manufacturer's model
> which is a sine NHS, it works with the protocol SEC.
> >
> > The SEC is a protocol of compatible systems listed in the NUT ..
> >
> > I would like to Know how to monitor this nobreak Software NUT ..
> >
> > They could send me a tutorial with the exact setup .. (I use Ubuntu
> Linux 32-bit)
>
> It's important that you understand how things work, so I won't give you a
> complete tutorial. You will still want to read some of the documentation.
>
> This table indicates that the SEC protocol is handled by the gamatronic
> driver:
>
>  http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html
>
>  http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/gamatronic.html
>
> So you would put "driver = gamatronic" in this file:
>
>  http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

note that SEC support using the gamatronic driver has not been verified.
historically, there was an unmaintained 'sec' driver, that was somehow
rewritten to 'gamatronic'.

back in 2005, Julius Malkiewicz posted a patch to resurrect the real 'sec'
driver:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302733&group_id=30602&atid=411544

I asked Julius to create a patch against gamatronic, to merge these 2
drivers:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303719&group_id=30602&atid=411544

from there, IIRC, I asked the gamatronic maintainer to counter check, and
all the thing got staled!

so debug output (/path/to/driver -DDDDD -a ...) is very welcome first.
but some more work and debugging is probably needed.
however, I'm currently focusing on 2.6.4, with tons of things remaining.
so the actual work will be for post 2.6.4, which doesn't prevent from
starting to test ;-)

> You also need to find out which device node (e.g. /dev/ttyS0) corresponds
> to the serial port with the UPS.
>
> > No longer required ..
>
> Not sure what you mean here?

so do I!