[Nut-upsuser] Advice on small office UPS

Alastair Sherringham sherringham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:39:46 UTC 2012

> Looks like the 5PX is taking the place of the Evolution in that size range.
> I have some 2200 Evolutions but they don't make them any more. Also the
> pricing is different for the US market.

Yes, this was one consideration of mine as well. Eaton seem to have a
lot of different models, quite a few now tagged "legacy". It looks
like quite a few come via acquisitions. The 5PX seemed to be the
current model for this rating in the UK (plus has a longer warranty).

> And just in case you are even remotely thinking of buying APC I will be glad
> to share with you several of my very own horror stories including not one
> but two times it almost burnt my house down (didn't learn the first time).

The support for Eaton/NUT seems better for obvious reasons and this is
one reason I am looking at Eaton not APC. However, I do have a couple
of smaller APC devices at home and use them successfully. You worry
me! I need to check/test them again soon.

Thanks again for your help.

--
Alastair Sherringham
http://www.sherringham.net