[Nut-upsuser] Zigor Ebro 650 compatibility

Martyn Hill martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:54:35 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 22:34, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Aha!
>

>     I also found a FreeBSD port patch on-line for 2.6.4 that has yet
>     to be committed to the ports-tree. I'll try your route against the
>     latest NUT release and see what we get.
>

> guys, I've released 2.6.5 yesterday! go the 2.6.5 route ;)

Yeah - saw that, but didn't see any specific changing referencing the
blazer_usb driver, so haven't tried it yet...

>     I applied the 2.6.4 patch and recompiled and, after chown'ing the
>     USB DEV nodes, got something very similar, effectively, the sequence:
>
>     Trying megatec protocol...
>     send: Q1
>     read: Unknown error
>     Permissions problem: Input/output error
>
>     I tried various protocol filters, but only the (new) megatec
>     protocol gets this far...
>

>         Just for fun, I noticed the #ifdef TESTING in blazer_usb.c.
>
>         I defined that, and got this output when running ./blazer_usb
>         -a zigor:
>
>         http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/zigor-testing.txt
>         <http://www.bayofrum.net/%7Ecrees/scratch/zigor-testing.txt>
>
>         Any hints there?
>

> you've been fooled Chris.
> TESTING just fakes good values for... testing purpose ;)
>
>     Nice!
>
>     I then installed the Upsilon s/w on my Windows XP laptop (which
>     works effectively, even if it looks a bit 'old-school'..)
>
>     I did take some comfort in seeing references to 'Megatec(USB)' in
>     the Upsilon software configuration...
>
>     I ran USBSniff against the port whilst attaching the UPS.
>     Unfortuately, I couldn't make much sense of the verbose USBSniff
>     output, but if this is useful for debugging (for Arnaud?) I could
>     share it.
>

> yup, there are not many people left out there, that speak Q1...
> could you please post a link, or a compressed archive (less than 40 Kb!)?

Here's a 6KB rar file of a fresh SniffUSB log file, covering just the
first minute after plugging-in the UPS to my XP laptop (UPSilon already
running in Windows System tray).

I've no idea what these 'URB' references are between sections,  but
around URB 60, I toggled the Beeper and then again around URB 65...

Curiously, the documentation for the Zigor 650 states no Beeper toggle
ability, but it does work...

Hope that helps - more than happy to carry out further tests and record
the output, if of any use to you...

M.

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."