[Nut-upsuser] Zigor Ebro 650 compatibility

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:27:04 UTC 2012

2012/8/11 Martyn Hill <martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com>

> On 11/08/2012 21:00, Chris Rees wrote:
>
>> On 11 August 2012 20:52, Martyn Hill <martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> So, does that mean I would need to recompile nut, but link it against
>>> libusb
>>> 0.1 compat layer?
>>>
>>> If so, how would I go about that?
>>>
>> My understanding is that you shouldn't need to be concerned with
>> that-- NUT uses libusb-0.1, which is emulated in FreeBSD with
>> libusb20.  Thus changing the version to link with makes no sense.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> OK, so back to square one... I guess testing the UPS on a currently
> supported is the next most sensible step, then - at least to determine if
> the driver really works with the Zigor...

the good is that it's a HID device, as you've guessed, supported by
usbhid-ups.
though the device has a bad/buggy implementation:
- vendorid/productid,
- and the main "UPS", coded as 00860004 instead of 00840004.
I'll have to create a fix for this one.

the bad news is the I/O errors: until it's fixed, we're stuck!
you should still be able to force compilation/link against the actual
libusb 0.1 (ie not 2.0 compat), and should really do it.
a 2nd thing to check is uhid. iirc, you should either unload it or
blacklist the dev or something like that...

cheers,
Arno