[Nut-upsuser] bcmxcp_usb can not communicate with Eaton Powerware 5110

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 08:09:23 UTC 2012

Hey Massimo and Greg,

2012/8/12 Massimo Gais <massimo.gais at iki.fi>

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Greg Vickers <daehenoc at iinet.net.au>wrote:
>
>>  On 11/08/12 06:58, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>> Hi Massimo and Greg,
>>
>> @Greg: if you yet returned your unit, you now have a solution ;)
>>
>> I have not yet gotten rid of it, so thank you very much!  It's a case of
>> download, extract, apply patch, and compile on my RPi, correct?
>>

> Hello Greg,
> yes you can compile it directly on the RPI. See anyway that if you have
> the old deb package installed and you want to replace only the recompiled
> driver, you may have some mismatch with the pidpath/statepath directories
> (/var/state/ups vs /var/run/nut). I tried to make a debian package on the
> RPi, but it was requiring to install all the documentation tools, and I did
> not have enough SD disk space for that.

use the following configuration line to get back inline with deb directives:

./configure --prefix= --includedir=/usr/include --mandir=/usr/share/man
--sysconfdir=/etc/nut --localstatedir=/var --without-ssl --with-cgi
--with-dev --enable-static --with-statepath=/var/run/nut
--with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut --with-drvpath=/lib/nut
--with-cgipath=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nut --with-htmlpath=/usr/share/nut/www
--with-pidpath=/var/run/nut --datadir=/usr/share/nut
--with-pkgconfig-dir=/usr/lib/pkgconfig --with-user=nut --with-group=nut
--with-udev-dir=/lib/udev --without-doc

you may also want to disable a few more things, like CGI, by using
"--without-cgi" for example...
this will lower the dependencies barrier.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com