[Nut-upsuser] Problem with starting nut

Master Yoda m45t3r.y0d4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 00:03:03 UTC 2012

Great, that resolve my problem.

Thank you!

From: Charles Lepple [mailto:clepple at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 4:52 AM
To: Master Yoda
Cc: nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] Problem with starting nut

On Aug 12, 2012, at 3:29 PM, Master Yoda wrote:

/etc/init.d/nut: 1: /etc/nut/nut.conf: MODE: not found
 * nut disabled, please adjust the configuration to your needs
 * Then set MODE to a suitable value in /etc/nut/nut.conf to enable it

I cannot find what kind of mode he talking about, i put in nut.conf "MODE =
standalone"

I'm not sure if we fixed the documentation in the version of NUT in Ubuntu
12.04, but in that particular configuration file, you need to remove the
spaces around the '=' sign. (It gets pulled into a shell script, and needs
to conform to Bourne Shell syntax)

--

Charles Lepple

clepple at gmail