[Nut-upsuser] nut setup on ubuntu 10.04

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 03:03:16 UTC 2012

On Aug 26, 2012, at 8:53 PM, <tcronin at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> using latest stable version, 2.4.3
>
> I've think i've got my configurations mostly working.
>
> I followed the following site.
>
> http://www.blasterspike.it/2011/03/28/how-to-install-nut-on-ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat/
>
> one issue i have is the upsmon.conf setting
>
> NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/ups/bin/notifyme
>
> in web searches it seems like this should be set to
>
> NOTIFYCMD /sbin/upssched
>
> but still not sure and this gets me into upssched.conf

Can you describe what you are trying to do?

NOTIFYCMD can be a script that you write, or /path/to/upssched.

upssched can also call out to another script.

The difference is that NOTIFYCMD gets called on every event selected by the configuration options in upsmon.conf. If you hooked this up to a text messaging gateway (triggering on OB/OL status), you would probably get several attempted text messages every time the power flickered.

CMDSCRIPT gets called when timers configured in upssched.conf have expired. This lets you debounce the signals, or shut off a system after N minutes on battery (regardless of the "low battery" status).

> where is CMDSCRIPT sample script upssched-cmd?

Source is here:

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/browser/trunk/clients/upssched-cmd

You could file an enhancement request with Debian/Ubuntu if they don't include it in any of the packages, but it's really a simple template.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail