[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower DX600E won't switch up after power

Franck franck at secretfatty.net
Sat Dec 1 17:03:31 UTC 2012

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:34:28 +0100
> From: Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> To: Franck <franck at secretfatty.net>
> Cc: nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] CyberPower DX600E won't switch up after
> power
>

> right. we need to monitor the UPS while it's shutting down...

Well I'd like to try that; but I'm 2000km from my UPS and It seems to
be problematic for me to have the test done.

But anyway I just got this reply to my quite random inquiry to
CyberPower (wrong country) support:

"I can only make vague guesses because I have never seen the product
you have, and I am not familiar with the software you used to generate
that data.  The following values stand out to me.

battery.voltage: 4.7

battery.voltage.nominal: 12

ups.load: 31

If I am interpreting them correctly your battery should be at 12 volts,
but it is only at 4.7 volts?

And the UPS load is 31%?

If the battery is at 4.7 volts it will not pass the power on self-test.
It needs to be somewhere above 10 volts (Perhaps 10.5 or 11)before it
will pass the self-test and let the ups turn on.

Other possibilities.

If you have the computers set to auto start when power is restored,
they will turn on simultaneously, if there has been a power loss that
significantly drained the batteries, they will have very little energy
when the power is restored.  The power on self test checks the
CyberPower’s ability to run on battery by stopping access to wall power
and forcing the UPS on to battery power.  If the batteries are very low
and the auto startup of the computers hits while they are being tested
then the load of the computers on the weak battery could cause the
voltage to drop and the self-test would fail.

One or both of your computers has an Active PFC power supply and your
UPS is not a sine wave ups. If you are not familiar with this problem,
just search the internet on the terms “active pfc” and “sine”

The battery in the UPS could be defective.

Again.  I do not know the product you are asking about so I can’t
provide an accurate diagnosis.  I can only suggest possibilities.

"

So if the guy os right and this might be a battery problem.