[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 5P (5P1500RT)

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Fri Dec 7 22:12:29 UTC 2012

So based on the compatibility page, I might be okay with the 5P. The
page specifically mentions the 5PX.

Anyone using this UPS?

When looking at Eaton UPS's I excluded any of the older ones that use
the BCM driver since that driver provides little functionality as I've
learned with the 5110.

There's also the Evo, but I would prefer to have one with ABM.

I'm open to other models (or even brands) if they work great with NUT
and are decent hardware-wise overall. I'd like better battery management
than I'm used to (darn Smart-UPS's), so an always on fan and temperature
compensation would be best. Can't be too expensive though, the 5P I'm
looking at is ~$600 which might be a stretch as it is.