[Nut-upsuser] [HCL] REDi/Centralion Blazer 600 VA (BLAZER600c) supported by blazer_ser

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:01:55 UTC 2012

Hi Marius,

2012/6/9 Marius Gavrilescu <gmariusx at yahoo.com>

> The REDi Blazer 600VA (BLAZER600c) UPS found here [ro_RO]:
> http://www.emag.ro/ups-redi-blazer-600va-blazer600c/pd/EX5X2BBBM/
> which is actually a Centralion Blazer 600VA [en_TW]:
> http://www.centralion.com/html/product/back-Product-ups-blazer400.htm
> works with the blazer_ser driver
>
> ----------shell output----------
> # upsrw ups
> # upscmd -l ups
> Instant commands supported on UPS [ups]:
>
> beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
> load.on - Turn on the load immediately
> shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
> shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
> test.battery.start - Start a battery test
> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test
> # upsc ups
> battery.voltage: 13.60
> battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
> beeper.status: enabled
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: blazer_ser
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.version: 2.6.3
> driver.version.internal: 1.51
> input.current.nominal: 2.0
> input.frequency: 49.9
> input.frequency.nominal: 50
> input.voltage: 238.7
> input.voltage.fault: 238.7
> input.voltage.nominal: 230
> output.voltage: 238.7
> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
> ups.delay.start: 180
> ups.load: 17
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 25.0
> ups.type: offline / line interactive
> ----------cut here----------
>
> I have also run `upsmon -c fsd`, which powers off the server
> and after 30 seconds powers off the UPS, but the UPS does *not* start up
> automatically afterwards. This is the only problem I had so far
>
> The report above should apply to:
> * REDi/Centralion Blazer 400VA
> * REDi/Centralion Blazer 600VA
> * REDi/Centralion Blazer 800VA
> [ since these three are the same UPS with different batteries ]
> and might also apply to the other REDi/Centralion Blazer UPSes
>
>  If you would like any more information, please tell me

thanks for your detailed report.
I've committed to the trunk (r3654) an entry in the HCL:
http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/3654

A side note for the FSD test:
Default values are offdelay = 30 seconds, and ondelay = 3 minutes.
So you may have not waited enough...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com