[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

Matthew Cengia mattcen at cyber.com.au
Wed Mar 7 05:19:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a client who is currently using an UPSonic IRT1000 UPS
(http://www.upsonic.com.au/industrial-rt.php), and is running NUT
2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 on Ubuntu Hardy, which I've not been able to get to
work using either USB or RS232. I *believe* the UPS is supposed to use
the Megatec driver, but am not 100% sure.

I can see three possible resolutions to my problem, which leads me to
seeking an answer to one of the following questions (in order of highest
to lowest preference):

1.  Has anybody had this UPS work with such an old NUT release? If so,
    how?

2.  Has anybody successfully compiled and installed a newer release of
    NUT on Ubuntu Hardy? If so, where was it from and what procedure was
    followed?

3.  Can anybody recommend a UPS that meets the following specs:

    * Works with the aforementioned version of NUT, either via USB or
      RS232
    * Is ideally rack-mountable (and no taller than 2U) - as a
      fall-back, free-standing is satisfactory
    * Supplies at least 650 watts of power
    * Costs under AU$1000

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've looked for but not found a NUT IRC channel. Does one exist,
and if so, where can I find it?

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia