[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 7 07:31:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:25:06PM +1100, Matthew Cengia wrote:
> On 2012-03-07 16:46, James Cameron wrote:
> [...]
> > > 3.  Can anybody recommend a UPS that meets the following specs:
> > >
> > >     * Works with the aforementioned version of NUT, either via USB or
> > >       RS232
> > >     * Is ideally rack-mountable (and no taller than 2U) - as a
> > >       fall-back, free-standing is satisfactory
> > >     * Supplies at least 650 watts of power
> > >     * Costs under AU$1000
> >
> > Can't talk about a rack mountable unit, but I've been happy with a
> > PowerShield series.  I got a PowerShield Commander 2000 for $990 last
> > year.  I think I had NUT running on Ubuntu 11.04, but didn't find I
> > needed it, and repurposed the cable.
>
> Thanks for your response James. Your reference to 11.04 has thrown me a
> bit, so just confirm, you have this working on 8.04?

No, I had this working on 11.04 ... saying more about the compatibility
of the device with NUT more than 8.04, which is so old I've forgotten
most of my experience with it.

And as a general principle, if it can be made to work on 11.04, then
backporting of packages may make it work on 8.04.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/