[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:23:46 UTC 2012

Hi Matthew,

2012/3/7 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:25:06PM +1100, Matthew Cengia wrote:
>> On 2012-03-07 16:46, James Cameron wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Can't talk about a rack mountable unit, but I've been happy with a
>> > PowerShield series.  I got a PowerShield Commander 2000 for $990 last
>> > year.  I think I had NUT running on Ubuntu 11.04, but didn't find I
>> > needed it, and repurposed the cable.
>>
>> Thanks for your response James. Your reference to 11.04 has thrown me a
>> bit, so just confirm, you have this working on 8.04?
>
> No, I had this working on 11.04 ... saying more about the compatibility
> of the device with NUT more than 8.04, which is so old I've forgotten
> most of my experience with it.
>
> And as a general principle, if it can be made to work on 11.04, then
> backporting of packages may make it work on 8.04.

<quote from the "official" DD>
backporting is not that trivial.
Even though I made a few conditional stuffs to address this on the
package side, it also involves mods in upstream (udev rules for
example) and stiil requires deps adjustments.
</quote from the "official" DD>

Eaton is the way to go, also considering Ubuntu 8.04.

Evolution models should meet all your requirements:
http://pulsar.eaton.com/Products-services/Backup-Power-UPS/Evolution.aspx

cheers,
Arnaud
--