[Nut-upsuser] APC 750VA UPS not recognized by NUT?

Andrew Min Chang laplacezhang at 126.com
Wed Mar 7 10:04:04 UTC 2012

Hi, all!

 I sucessfully install NUT by source, but it could not recognize my UPS device

My UPS device is APC Smart-UPS 750VA USB & Serial 230V for China. Pruduct introduction:
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUA750ICH

The page is in Chinese. It may be similar with this one:
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SMT750I

The UPS device did well on my Synology NAS device, but it could not be detected by NUT of my own board.
I did plugged it to the USB port, and a new device named "usbdev1.3" appeared in /dev.

What I configured in ups.conf is:

[APC_SMT_USB]
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    desc = "APC_USB"

And I start the driver:

# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.3
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

The User Manual says that I may using a wrong driver when this happens. But I checked and found there was only one driver(usbhid-ups) available for APC USB UPS machine.

What can I do?

/************/
And here are my whole configuration, make and installation procedure:

1. I downloaded libusb-0.1.12, and then configure it:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/usb/prefix \
> --exec-prefix=/usr/local/usb/eprefix \
> --bindir=/bin \
> --sbindir=/sbin \
> --sysconfdir=/etc \
> --localstatedir=/var \
> --libdir=/lib \
> --host=arm-mv5sft-linux-gnueabi \
> --with-PACKAGE >>libusb_configure.log 2>&1

2. make libusb
# make >>libusb_make.log 2>&1

3. install libusb to my computer. The .a files are used by NUT
# make install >>libusb_install.log 2>&1

4. copy all libs to my ARM board. "/mnt/ARM_FS/" is the root NFS of my ARM board
# cp /lib/libusb* /mnt/ARM_FS/lib

5. configure NUT
# export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/lib/pkgconfig
# ./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/ups \
--exec-prefix=/usr/local/ups \
--bindir=/bin \
--sbindir=/sbin \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--libdir=/lib \
--host=arm-mv5sft-linux-gnueabi \
--libexecdir=/usr/local/usb \
--includedir=/usr/local/usb/include \
--with-usb-libs='-L/lib -lusb' \
--with-usb-includes=-I/usr/local/usb/prefix/include \
--with-user=root --with-group=root \
--with-usb >>nut_configure.log 2>&1

6. make NUT
# make >>nut_make.log 2>&1

7. install NUT
# make DESTDIR=/mnt/ARM_FS install >>nut_install.log 2>&1

All manual logs and configure log generated by ./configure are attached.

Thank you!!

Best Regards
--
Andrew Chang