[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

Matthew Cengia mattcen at cyber.com.au
Tue Mar 20 22:25:10 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-20 18:46, Arnaud Quette wrote:
[...]
> ups.status is the only thing basically:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#UPS_shutdown
>
> you may also consider updating nut since 2.2.1 is oldish (December 21, 2007).
> both snmp-ups and ietf MIB support have been improved since that time.

Thanks Arnaud,

It looks like the UPS is behaving itself. There are a couple of OIDs
that don't quite match up (e.g. the driver expects OID 1.2.3.4 where
SNMP card is actually sending the relevent data via OID 1.2.3.4.1), but
that's not a big deal; it does look like the ups.status is giving the
correct values, though I won't be 100% sure until I do a full UPS test.

As for upgrading NUT, we intend to upgrade the entire OS on this host
from Ubuntu 8.04, probably to 12.04 when it comes out, but I don't know
how soon that will happen.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Regards,