[Nut-upsuser] NUT Two Apc UPSes on Windows

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Wed Mar 7 13:20:56 UTC 2012

Hello Rafal,

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 01:29 +1100, Rafał Pawłaszek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a question about managing two UPSes under NUT.
>
> I have two similar model APC usb-connected UPSes to work with, but
> don't know how to manage them simultaneously from under Windows. Long
> story short, my ups.conf looks like this:
>
> --- ups.conf ---
> [ups1]
>   driver= usbhid-ups
>   port= auto
>   serial=AS1054340323
> [ups2]
>   driver= usbhid-ups
>   port= auto
>   serial=AS1026662626
> --- ups.conf ---
>
> I tried all the combinations with vendorid, productid, vendor, product
> as in the manual for usbhid-ups and libusb's test

I have just tested this kind of dual USB setup on Windows XP and it
works with latest SVN. That is to say I managed to run 2 usbhid-ups
drivers at the same time connected to 2 different UPS.
It doesn't work with NUT's site binaries because of a bug in regex which
crash the driver.

What version of NUT are you using ?
Have you compiled your own binaries ?
What Windows version are you using.

While trying to mimic your ups.conf I found that you should add
whitespace around the '=' sign in the conf file: you should use
"serial = AS1026662626"
rather than
"serial=AS1026662626".
This is a bug in Windows version, I will check.

Regards,
Fred

Team Open Source Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com