[Nut-upsuser] APC 750VA UPS not recognized by NUT?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:25:21 UTC 2012

On Mar 10, 2012, at 8:17 PM, Andrew Min Chang wrote:

> I check /proc/bus/usb/device, the cyper-ups is always ahead of the UPS one if thay are all plugged.

This may change depending on which port you plug into, which kernel is running, etc. That is why I mentioned the 'vendorid' and 'productid' parameters in the usbhid-ups man page.

> That comes another question: If two UPS device with different driver plugged, and the two drivers are both configured, are they both recognized?

Generally, yes, since each driver filters the list of USB devices according to what it supports. It just happens that usbhid-ups supports many different types of UPSes (since they all use a standard communication protocol).

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail