[Nut-upsuser] SMART3000RM2U?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:47:22 UTC 2012

On May 9, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TSM)[ERC, Inc.] wrote:

> Hmm, ok, that worked, now how do I track down the permission problem? The
> file permissions on my two boxes are the same in /etc/ups for starters.

It will be on the /dev/bus/usb device nodes (or whatever the path is on CentOS). You mentioned two different VID:PID pairs - on the box running tripplite_usb, does it have the entry for 09ae:0001 in the udev files?

Also, udev typically doesn't apply new permissions until you kick it (I forget how) or until you plug in the USB device again.

The 09ae:0001 entry in the udev files should have come with your version of NUT, unless that file was installed to the wrong directory.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail