[Nut-upsuser] Two servers with redundant supplies on two UPSs

Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr
Thu May 10 08:09:44 UTC 2012

Scenario:

* Two windows 2003 servers (different models)
* Each server has two PSUs
* Each server has a single serial port
* Two UPSs are available of the exact same type (XPower Tigra 1kVA).
Each has a serial port
* The 1st PSU of each server is powered by the 1st UPS
* The 2nd PSU of each server is powered by the 2nd UPS

I am trying to install NUT on the best "optimal" way for these two
systems. My obvious solution so far is:

Implementation 1:
* Connect 1st ups via serial to 1st server and 2nd ups via serial to 2nd
server
* Setup nut on both systems on standalone mode.

I'd obviously prefer a clean master-slave relationship, but since each
server has a single serial port, I can't do that. Any better ways to do
this? Just asking :)

Thanks again for your time.

With kind regards,

Michail.-