[Nut-upsuser] upstart progress?

Bill bturner01 at telkomsa.net
Sat May 12 06:42:35 UTC 2012

Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev <at> gmail.com> writes:

 for now, it's still a low priority since there is a sysV compatibility.

> > I'm running Mint 12 and I have to restart NUT at every boot.
>
> this shouldn't be!
> AFAICT, Mint 12 provides the same sysV compat.
> So simply configuring NUT (including nut.conf) should be enough!
>
> do you have more details on your issue?

I'm running Ubuntu 1110 32 bit and nut works perfectly as described with sysv
compat but trying to test Ubuntu 1204 64 bit it does not. I can start nut from
the command line no problem but the only way to get it to start automatically is
by putting "sudo /etc/init.d/nut start" into .bash-profile. Not the most elegant
solution. Am going to install 1204 32 bit this coming week to see if the problem
is there too.