[Nut-upsuser] Question regarding Tripp-Lite omnismart 1050 and Nut

twhitney at clearbearing.com twhitney at clearbearing.com
Tue May 15 15:34:48 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I have a omnismart 1050 which i've got working under nut 2.2.2. It
starts fine, and seems to poll fine.

The only thing that is throwing me for a loop is my UPS is reporting
that battery.runtime isn't supported. Will this affect upsmon's ability
to shutdown my system in a power outage? I can whip up a simple bash
script to take care of it but ideally I'd like to work within the nut
framework.

Here is some output for you.

[root at server ups]# upsc ups
battery.charge: 100
battery.test.status: Battery OK
battery.voltage: 14.44
battery.voltage.nominal: 18
driver.name: tripplite_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.2.2
driver.version.internal: 0.11.1
input.voltage: 102.63
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 118.0
ups.debug.load_banks: 0
ups.debug.V: 31 30 33 30 58 58 0d '1030XX.'
ups.delay.shutdown: 64
ups.firmware: F0957.B
ups.firmware.aux: protocol 2001
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: OMNISMART1050
ups.power.nominal: 1050
ups.status: OL
[root at server ups]# upsc ups battery.runtime
Error: Variable not supported by UPS