[Nut-upsuser] Timer Daemon doesn't start

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:11:10 UTC 2012

In addition to Roger answer:

2012/5/23 Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org>:
> On Wed, 23 May 2012, Stefan Kuhn wrote:
>
>> May 23 10:58:07 s-monitor1 upssched-cmd: Calling upssched-cmd ONBATT
>

> This is good news, since it says that the script gets called with the
> parameter ONBATT.  Now you need to find out what the script does with this
> parameter.  Two suggestions:
>
> 1. At key positions in the script add the lines
>
>  # Debugging
>  logger -t upssched-cmd Doing whatever...
>
> 2. Try adding the instruction
>
>   set -x
>
> at the top of the script and call it manually from the command line with
> "upssched-cmd ONBATT".  You should get a detailed trace of the script.

you should always reference commands with absolute path names in your
CMDSCRIPT, since it's generally a bad idea to make assumptions on PATH
value...
Ie, instead of calling "notify", prefer to call "/path/to/notify".
Or otherwise, set PATH at the beginning of your script.

for more help, I'd like to see your complete script...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com