[Nut-upsuser] NUT v2.6.4 with HP AF401A won't start

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:26:29 UTC 2012

2012/10/29 Pratt Chris <Chris.Pratt at comptel.com>

>  Hi Arnaud.****
>
> **

Hi Chris,

> I’ve run the commands you suggested but it actually didn’t crash.  I let
> it run for about 10 minutes and it was obviously repeating the same
> messages so I broke it with Ctrl-C.****
>
> ** **
>
> I’ve attached the terminal output (shortened to meet the file  size limit)
> and at the end it shows the message from trying to start it with upsdrvctl
> and the message in /var/log/messages.

just to be sure to understand since the end of the traces seems to be
melted:
- the driver doesn't crash when using /usr/local/ups/bin/snmp-ups -DDDDD ...
- the driver crashes when using "upsdrvctl start"

is upsdrvctl also located in /usr/local/bin or do you have another one
installed (RPM)?
could you please check using "rpm -q nut"?

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org