[Nut-upsuser] Zigor Ebro 650 compatibility

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Sep 7 00:15:46 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012, at 5:01, Martyn Hill <martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, VirtualBox refused to allow me to attach the UPS USB port to the guest OS (saying 'busy with a previous request'), so that came to nothing - and after several night's effort::-(

Windows may be connecting to the UPS using a service automatically. I am not sure how you would stop it but at a guess I would trying looking for a likely service and stop it.

> So, do you (or anyone else here) have any guidance on how to force NUT to link against libusb-0.1 at compile time ???

I think you'd have to mangle the configure script.
What does pkg-config --cflags libusb say on your system?

> I'm still not convinced that the FreeBSD implementation of libusb v2 is fully compatible with v0.1 - the available documentation is confusing...

I believe it is compatible although 0.1 was evolved rather than designed :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum