[Nut-upsuser] Delayed UPS start up after shutdown?

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Fri Dec 6 20:37:00 UTC 2013

Hello, Roger.

>>> ...if main power comes back within 10 seconds after the UPS has been
>>> shut down, the UPS will power up the PC but the latter will not start.
>>
>> .... You can change the parameter ups.delay.start into your UPS to set
>> the "Interval to wait before (re)starting the load (seconds)"
>> use upsset to change the value.
>
> Hi, You could also place a declaration such as
>
>    ondelay = 60
>
> in file ups.conf.

I am afraid the ondelay argument only has effect when main power returns
*before* UPS shutdown. The following is an excerpt from the man page for
usbhid-ups (the driver for MGE Protection Center 675):

Set the timer for the UPS to switch on in case the power returns after
the kill power command had been sent but before the actual switch off.

Besides, I have already tried increasing ondelay but to no avail.

Regards:
Angel