[Nut-upsuser] Delayed UPS start up after shutdown?

Kris Jordan nut01.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Fri Dec 6 20:57:12 UTC 2013

Angel Tsankov wrote, On 12/6/2013 12:31 PM:
> Hello, René.
>
>> You can change the parameter
>> ups.delay.start into your UPS to set the "Interval to wait before
>> (re)starting the load (seconds)"
>>
>> use upsset to change the value.
>
> So far, the ups.delay.start parameter in my MGE Protection Center 675
> has always been equal to the driver.parameter.ondelay parameter (which
> equals the ondelay argument in ups.conf). Furthermore, whenever I have
> changed the ondelay argument in ups.conf (and restarted NUT) the above
> parameters have always been set equal to ondelay. Therefore, I would
> assume that ups.delay.start cannot help. Do you have any reason to
> consider this assumption might be wrong?

ondelay maps to ups.delay.start, and offdelay maps to ups.delay.shutdown.

offdelay needs to be greater than ondelay. I'm using 600 & 615 on a
Win2k3 server I have connected to an Evolution 850. If the power comes
back on during the offdelay period, the ups will do a reboot cycle with
a 15s wait.

If the power is off for more than offdelay, yeah, it will turn on
instantly (*), but by then the PC has had no power for at least 15s.

The above will depend on having a good UPS.

(*) Some UPS's do provide extra options to determine when they will
restore power to load.