[Nut-upsuser] Detect ups.status on battery seems a little delay

黃俊瑋 s932658 at mail.yzu.edu.tw
Wed Feb 20 03:40:35 UTC 2013

OS: Linux
NUT version: 2.6.1 or 2.6.3 both have this issue
UPS model: APC Smart-UPS 750 (051D/0002)
Driver: usbhid-ups

Question:

 I using upsc command to check ups status.
 When UPS is online, status is "OL".
 But when UPS is offline, status will not change to OB immediately.
 After test many times. this delay time didn't have any rules. Maybe immediately or few seconds or few minutes.
 It will cause doing ONBATT action also delayed.
 Does any method to solve this issue? or have some false range time for users?

 I using APC official software on Windows it will detect immediately.
 So I think this is not UPS machine issue.