[Nut-upsuser] Detect ups.status on battery seems a little delay

Oleg Semyonov oleg.semyonov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:39:29 UTC 2013

> UPS model: APC Smart-UPS 750 (051D/0002)
> But when UPS is offline, status will not change to OB immediately.
> After test many times. this delay time didn't have any rules. Maybe
immediately or few seconds or few minutes.
> It will cause doing ONBATT action also delayed.

I asked exactly the same question on the 29th of January, and got nothing in
reply.
It doesn't seem to be a bike shedding problem, so nobody bothered, including
developers
(about using non-documented and probably non-supported option value).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality

Short solution: set pollinterval=0 in driver configuration. It will report
OB/OL immediately
(but with a bit more CPU load).

Full description: see my question here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2013-January/008195.htm