[Nut-upsuser] Detect ups.status on battery seems a little delay

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Thu Feb 21 02:37:17 UTC 2013

黃俊瑋 wrote, On 2/20/2013 5:45 PM:
> My default setting in upsmon.conf already have "POLLFREQ 5". (defalut
> value in upsmon.conf)
> And my original pollinterval is pollinterval=5.
> I didn't run nut on VM when I report this issue.
>
> I tried Oleg's solution to set pollinterval=0, it works. But I am
> afraid any other side effect.

I was talking about pollfreq in usbhid-ups,
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html.

When I get time, I plan to test UPS notifications. I'm interested to see
how NUT reacts.

I did notice one thing though after switching to NUT. The many APC RS
UPS's I have spam battery disconnect/reconnect (no battery) messages as
one of the indications that a replacement battery is needed.

NUT didn't care this was happening, as there were no messages or upsc
output to indicate an issue. So UPS notifications are not working or NUT
is ignoring short-lived events. The replace/bad battery light was going
on and off randomly, so I knew it was happening at the time.

If I unplug the battery for real, NUT will eventually tell me.