[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 5PX3000RTN and PW9130L3000R-XL2UN NUT compatibility via network

Jeff Kowalczyk jeff.kowalczyk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:33:08 UTC 2013

I am planning to purchase one of the following Eaton UPS units:

5PX3000RTN
http://powerquality.eaton.com/5PX3000RTN.aspx?CX=3

PW9130L3000R-XL2UN
http://powerquality.eaton.com/PW9130L3000R-XL2UN.aspx?CX=3

Both of which bundle the NETWORK-MS card:
http://powerquality.eaton.com/Products-services/Power-Management/Connectivity/Network-MS.asp

Can anyone speak to either UPS units' compatibility with NUT using TCP/IP? One
UPS will be shared among multiple servers, so local connectivity is not
possible.

I do see HCL entries for both, but non-specific to network connectivity. There
is also a 5PX user posting which provides some indication of basic
compatiblility:

    Subject: Re: EATON 5PX with nut 2.6 on ubuntu 12.04
    Date: 2012-12-12 23:15:50 GMT

My primary objective is reliable network signaling to Linux for controlled
database shutdown on power loss.

This would be my first use of non-APC UPS equipment, and first use of NUT.

Thanks for any input, I'm eager to get one of these units in hand and start
working with NUT.

Jeff