[Nut-upsuser] false low battery alarm

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 09:10:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have two types of UPS devices and one of them (APC) gave me a false "low battery" alert. I can't reproduce the problem... Also, there was nothing apparently wrong with the UPS at the time of the false alert. All I could do was grab the driver values within a minute after the "low battery" notification.

These are the values:

battery.runtime.low : 120

battery.voltage : 55.65

battery.voltage.nominal : 048

device.mfr : APC

device.model : SMART-UPS 5000 RM DL4

device.serial : CS0603110575

device.type : ups

driver.name : apcsmart

driver.parameter.pollinterval : 2

driver.parameter.port : /dev/UPS-1

driver.version : 2.6.3

driver.version.internal : 3.0

input.frequency : 50.00

input.quality : FF

input.sensitivity : H

input.transfer.high : 253

input.transfer.low : 196

input.transfer.reason : simulated power failure or UPS test

input.voltage : 224.9

input.voltage.maximum : 224.9

input.voltage.minimum : 223.6

output.voltage : 224.9

output.voltage.nominal : 230

ups.delay.shutdown : 020

ups.delay.start : 000

ups.firmware : 112.1DL4.I

ups.id : UPS_IDEN

ups.load : 069.6

ups.mfr : APC

ups.mfr.date : 01/10/06

ups.model : SMART-UPS 5000 RM DL4

ups.serial : CS0603110575

ups.status : OL

ups.temperature : 027.4

ups.test.interval : 1209600

ups.test.result : NO

The NUT version installed is 2.6.3 and I'm using a serial-to-USB hub (1 usb port and 4 serial ports). The brand is ATEN,

My upssched.conf contains:
AT LOWBATT INF-APC at 127.0.0.1 EXECUTE lowbatt-now-apc
and my upssched custom script notified me of the LOWBATT event.

My ups.conf contains:

[INF-APC]
        driver = apcsmart
        port = /dev/UPS-1
        desc = "UPS Monitor - ATEN port 2 - APC UPS"

If I were to update to nut 2.6.5 (I can't do it for now) would I solve this issue (ie. is it a known issue?)?

Thanks,

Vieri