[Nut-upsuser] Hope for APC Smart UPS 1500

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:04:59 UTC 2013

On Jul 9, 2013, at 9:04 AM, Gregor Burck wrote:

> we bought two Smart-UPS X 1500 FW:UPS 09.1 / ID=20
[...]

> I see there should be problems to get it work with a free daemon like nut, but are there some hints using it?
> In my ups.conf I tried:
>
> [apc001]
>        driver = apcsmart
>        port = auto
>        desc = "Smart APC"

Only the USB drivers should work with port = auto. The "apcsmart" driver connects over the serial port, so under Linux, you would need to pass something like "port = /dev/ttyS0".

To connect over USB, change to "driver = usbhid-ups".

> And I get broadcast messages when I connect/disconnect the device like:
> Broadcast Message from root at glus
>        (somewhere) at 14:24 ...
>
> Communications restored with UPS glustersv001

Not sure I understand what you did here. Are you disconnecting the USB or AC connection? Also, apcsmart shouldn't have connected at all with "port = auto".

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail