[Nut-upsuser] infosec e4

James HORLEY farahei14 at mail.pf
Mon Jul 29 11:12:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for my poor english but it isn’t my native language.
I’m testing  an infosec E4 with nut-2.6.4-2.3 on Proxmox ve 3.0 (based on debian wheezy). The drivers that match this ups, is blazer_usb.
Btw, I have try nut-2.6.5 with unstable repository from wheezy, but it still doesn’t fully work.
I can shutdown my computer when battery is low, but unfortunately I can’t shutdown ups.
Like said on the man blazer :
         “Some UPS commands aren’t supported by all models. In most cases, the driver will send a message to the system log when the user tries to execute an unsupported command”

I’m wondering if there’s a way I can post some data to help make this ups more compatible with NUT.
There’s a software advised by the constructor that work on linux (http://www.power-software-download.com/viewpower.html), unfortunately it’s heavy (tomcat and java) and I don’t find it as flexible as NUT.

Best regards,