[Nut-upsuser] nut package with Riello UPS support

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 15:03:50 UTC 2013

On Jul 30, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Pavel Potcheptsov (EKTOS) wrote:

> Is this a trouble? Driver use path /var/state/ups/  but upsd use path /var/db/nut/upsd.pid

Yes, the driver and upsd need to agree on the path to the socket.

From the FreeBSD ports tree:

/usr/ports/sysutils/nut/Makefile:

STATEDIR?=	/var/db/nut
[...]
CONFIGURE_ARGS=	--sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc/nut \
		--program-transform-name="" \
		--localstatedir=${STATEDIR} \
		--datadir=${PREFIX}/etc/nut \
		--with-drvpath=${PREFIX}/libexec/nut \
		--with-statepath=${STATEDIR} \
		--with-altpidpath=${STATEDIR} \
		--with-pidpath=${STATEDIR} \
		--with-pkgconfig-dir=${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig \
		--with-user=${NUT_USER} \
		--with-group=${NUT_GROUP} \
		--with-dev

I think you need to re-run ./configure in the source tree with the driver, using the arguments above. Then 'cd drivers; make clean; make riello_ser' and install the new copy of the driver.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail