[Nut-upsuser] nut package with Riello UPS support

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:33:54 UTC 2013

On Jul 31, 2013, at 3:36 AM, Pavel Potcheptsov (EKTOS) wrote:

> Does it looks good?

I think so - 40.8 volts with a nominal of 36 volts is 13.6 V/cell, which agrees with the 100% charge value. Hopefully the line voltages and frequency make sense for your region.

> Another question what does riello experimental driver warning mean?

We add that to all new drivers. This driver was written by Elio Parisi of Riello, and they have published the protocol documents, so it is probably less experimental than the drivers which have been developed without that sort of help.

That said, this driver hasn't had as much testing as the others, and a lot of the code appears to have special cases for certain models.

> Does it affect shutdown procedure?

It shouldn't. However, I would recommend testing the shutdown procedure to be sure.

> Should I install riello driver on Slave computers, which powered from same UPS or just setup their as usual slave (just upsmon.conf)?

No, the drivers are only necessary on the computer(s) which are communicating directly with the UPS.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail