[Nut-upsuser] nut client config?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jun 4 11:28:19 UTC 2013

On 03.06.13 19:12, Charles Lepple wrote:
>If you are looking for a simpler way to set up NUT in general, there is the
> nut-scanner tool.  I don't use it, but others on the list might be able to
> help.
>
>The separation between clients and server is to allow processes like upsmon
> and the drivers to run as different users.  There are also passwords in
> some of the configuration files.  Aside from that, what do you suggest
> that we combine?

I wondered if the ups parameters could be read from a configuration file by
upsc and NUT-monitor (the python interface), maybe even upsmon.

I can of couse create wrappers or scripts that will work around this but I'm
curious if someone finds this useful. I only have one UPS and when I want
to see its status, I must provide the same values, so I'm searching for way
to avoid this.

The security should not be an issue if we only read the UPS status, correct?

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.