[Nut-upsuser] Issue with slave FSD notification on Windows port of NUT

Donald Froula dfroula at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 11 16:20:33 UTC 2013

I have the latest version of the Windows port of NUT installed on my Windows 7 machine. The UPS is connected via serial cable to the Windows machine. I also have my Synology NAS (which uses NUT) connected over the local network as a slave to the Windows NUT master. The Synology slave is configured to immediately go into "safe mode" whenever an FSD or OB+LB indication is received from the Windows NUT master.

The Windows master machine responds correctly to OB+LB events, correctly shutting down the master machine. The Synology box also responds to the OB+LB events from the master correctly and goes into "safe mode", the expected behavior.

The problem comes when using "upsmon -c fsd" on the Windows NUT master to test the system. The Windows master shuts down correctly, but the Synology NAS slave does not receive the FSD notification from the Windows master and does not go into "safe mode"..

I'm wondering if there is a bug in the Windows port such that the FSD notification is not sent to the slaves when "upsmon -c fsd" is executed.

Best regards,

Don