[Nut-upsuser] UPS repeater configuration using localhost

Derek Rachul drachul at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:13:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2013, at 7:47 PM, Derek Rachul <drachul at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried reversing the order of the definitions in the config file, and
> it does seem to change the order in which they're loaded (at least
> according to the system logs) however the error remains.
>
> I don't have any experience using the dummy-ups driver on the same host as
> the real UPS driver, so this is a shot in the dark.
>
> Can you manually run "upsdrvctl start qnapups"? If it works that way, we
> may have a race condition in dummy-ups.

Hi Charles,

It appears that if I re-run the command above after the main ups driver is
running, that the qnapups dummy-ups driver seems to come up, and the target
slave seems to be able to connect to it:

# upsdrvctl start qnapups
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.3
Network UPS Tools - Device simulation and repeater driver 0.12 (2.6.3)
Sep 16 17:05:50 upsd[24756]: listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
Sep 16 17:05:50 upsd[24756]: Connected to UPS [ups]: apcsmart-ups
Sep 16 17:05:50 upsd[24756]: Can't connect to UPS [qnapups]
(dummy-ups-qnapups): No such file or directory
Sep 16 17:05:50 upsd[24757]: Startup successful
Sep 16 17:05:50 upsd[24757]: User monuser at 127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [ups]
Sep 16 17:06:10 upsd[24757]: Connected to UPS [qnapups]: dummy-ups-qnapups

I guess there is some sort of timing considerations there.  Is there any
way to delay the loading of a particular UPS driver?

Derek.

p.s. sorry to Charles for sending this twice, but I forgot to reply-all
first time around.