[Nut-upsuser] Support for APC Smart-UPS X 3000

Paul O'Rorke support at tracker-software.com
Wed Sep 18 19:20:57 UTC 2013

Thanks all for the feedback - you have I suspect, just saved me a real
headache!

I found an Eaton EX 3000 RT 2U - UPS - 2.55 kW - 2880 VA for a
reasonable price.  The NUT  Hardware Compatibility list reports it can
use both USB and Serial with vendor provided protocol and hardware so
I'm assuming this will be relatively simple to set up.:
Manufacturer 	Model 	Driver
Eaton 	EX 2200/3000/3000 XL VA
USB port 	usbhid-ups
EX 2200/3000/3000 XL VA
Serial port 	mge-shut or oldmge-shut

Thanks for the advice, any caveats on such a unit anyone is aware of?
Seems like a 'safe' purchase for use with NUT.

Regards

*Paul O'Rorke*
Tracker Software Products
paul at tracker-software.com <mailto:paul.ororke at tracker-software.com>