[Nut-upsuser] I can't make changes to ups.delay.shutdown to stick

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Jun 4 06:45:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Mick wrote:
>> Some of the variables (those with HU_FLAG_ABSENT) are apparently not stored
>> on the UPS itself-- they are sent to the UPS when the shutdown command is
>> executed. Sending the value starts the timer, in some cases, but I think
>> the ups.delay.start value should be safe to send at the time when it is
>> set.
>
> I see.  So if for some reason I wanted to change ups.delay.shutdown on a more
> permanent basis and the UPS won't store the changed setting, I would need to
> run a script on the server to submit the changed value to the UPS each time
> the server boots up.

I had the same problem with an Eaton Ellipse ECO 1500.
ups.delay.shutdown got lost at each power cycle.  I fixed it by setting

      offdelay = 30
      ondelay = 40

in ups.conf.  This seems to me to be a better solution than writing a
script.  I'm guessing that if these two lines are omitted, no value is
sent to the UPS unit.  Is this true?

Roger